Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ellie Andrews, my dear friend

I loved it.
Yes! Ellie Andrews Has Second Thought was lovely. I adored Ellie's funny remarks. She's like a walking disaster zone!
It's about Ellie, the youngest of the Amazing Andrews, who turned down her long term boyfriend/boss, Rupert, then when she thought her life was over, in comes Marcus Lacey, massive playboy who is loaded. Yes, he's the MP. What's an MP?
Never mind, he was a bloody slag. He "fell in love" with Ellie just to get news on Sam's (Ellie's best friend) protest in Ethy Woods. So, whatever.
Poor Ellie then went for her long-term crush since high school, Jay, who is Sam's brother.
Then she finds out that Jay is engaged to a manipulative psycho bitch model, Roxy who lies about her bloody pregnancy. Cow.
So Ellie soon meets Xander, the perfect guy. Loaded. Good looking. Superstar.
But she realizes who she wants to marry.
It was a mystery to all readers who she'll be walking down the aisle with.
It was great, funny and I didn't want it to end!
Lovely story. Now I'm tempted to buy Katy Carter Wants A Hero.
Bugger, Ruth. You are mean.

9/10

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great review! The book looks very promising... I better go start reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw what you are currently reading (Can You Keep A Secret?) is my all time fave Sophie Kinsella book!!

    ReplyDelete