Monday, July 18, 2011

The particular sadness of Aimee Bender

Honestly, I didn't fully understand The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.
Either Rose is very peculiar and odd or she has a very mature outlook in life. I just couldn't relate to her.
She seems like a poor tortured soul.
Her brother is weird, glum and downright rude.
Her mother is a two-timing cow who likes her boss.
Her father is inconspicuous and blur at all times.
The point is, it's not really chick lit to me. She doesn't find true love.
All her conflict revolves around her dull family.
Sorry, Sarah Page of Random House UK, but I don't mean to be such an ungrateful cow, it's just that, it's not what I've expected.
Rose is maybe a bit too bitter for me as I prefer a particular sweetness and tangy taste of lemon.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment